So this is an About page…
Fancy that. I mean, *ahem* – Hi! My name is Mia, and I’m your host here at Merely McCool!
What is Merely McCool?
This is my little corner of the blogging universe. It’s a little empty right now, but don’t you worry! The plan is to fill it with lots of fun and (hopefully) useful things.
For the most part, I write about my Hiking Trips. Every weekend, I explore a new trail, all found within driving distance from the Greater Toronto Area – that’s where I live! I share the location, trail maps and (free!) parking information, as well as my personal stats for that day – time spent on trail, distance hiked and elevation gained.
Other topics of I’ll be covering at Merely McCool will include things like:
- DIY; I am a very hands-on type of person. I love learning new things, so join me and learn from my mistakes!
- Organization; I currently live in a 10×10 room with much of my belongings in storage. Follow me as I sort out needs and wants, and try to cram everything in to less than 150sq ft.
- Crafts; I have always been very artsy-craftsy, and I still enjoy creating gifts for friends and family, when time permits.
- Projects; We are currently working on bringing my mother’s house in to this century. These are bigger than my DIY abilities and require professional help.
- Books; I am an avid reader of fiction novels. I love getting lost in a well-thought-out character’s world. Let’s see if my shelf matches yours!
I also Guest Author over at ClubTread.com – check it out for even more awesome Outdoors related articles!
So, who is Mia?
You mean, aside from the obvious answer? Me!
I am a 31 year old, Toronto native dreaming of a simple life away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I got away, once! But life threw that curve ball and here I am, once again. *world’s tiniest violin plays in the distance*
Enough moping. Let’s talk about pets! Everyone loves pets. I, myself, have a cat and a dog.
Stella, is a 7 year old shepherd mutt. My sister picked her up from a trailer pack, for a carton of smokes (or was it a case of beer?). When my sister’s workplace moved her to a building that did not allow pets, I took Stella in. Stella has a few… quirks, but is a sweetheart when you get to know her. Just look at those eyes – what’s not to love?!
Samus is my 9 year old
spoiled brat domestic short-hair cat. I had taken him in, with his brother and sister, when they were 8 weeks old. Sadly, his brother and sister have left my care. But Samus remains, and seems quite content. He loves cuddles, catnip and canned food.
The rest of my family consists of my Mother and Brother, whom I currently live with, and my Sister, her husband and two sons. We’re pretty close, and get together fairly often, along with the rest of my aunts and uncles and cousins. Every birthday gets celebrated, all year long. How cool is that?
Things to add an expand on; hobbies and favourites.
To be continued…